Mintcoin: Year 1 Minting Statistics
The following stats are based on the most current information as of March 9, 2015:
- Total coins in existence currently 20.79 billion
- Total coins minted in the last year (365 days) 2.18 billion
- Current minting block reward rate is 15% annually
- 210,881,430 coins have been minted in the last 31 days
- This is an average of 6,802,627 new coins per day being minted currently
- This means that the minting participation rate is currently at 80.43%
- This would result in an annual increase in the money supply of 12.06% currently
- But based on last year, we know the timing until the reward reduction was about 287 days, (not a full year)
- Based on this, we have about 7 more months until next block reduction – rate change to 10% annually (October 9th estimate)
- This means we are currently now 27% complete with the 15% annual rate reward phase, which started around December 21, 2014
- After October 9th, 2015: Assuming a similar minting participation rate, this will drop the increase in the money supply to an annual rate of about 8%
- This will be a decrease of 33.33%
- And in approximately 16 and a half months, (July 2016 estimate) we will see the rate change to 5% annually
- After July 2016: Assuming a similar minting participation rate, this will drop the increase in the money supply to annual rate of about 4%
- This will be a decrease of 50.00%
- Keep in mind, minters also get an additional transaction fees bonus!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!