Mintcoin developers are hard at work responding to the communities request to make Mintcoin “faster”.
The community has spoken and the developer has responded with a new Mintcoin Wallet featuring the new Fast Start feature.
This feature has been integrated into the wallet to speed up the initial process of opening the wallet. In previous versions of the Mintcoin Wallet opening the wallet could take up to several minutes while decreasing the overall computers processing capabilities.
With this 1.10 Once the wallet has been upgraded you will be able to instantly open the Mintcoin wallet within seconds.
We believe that this will significantly increase the usage of the Mintcoin wallet.
To download the new wallet please visit here:
Important Setup Instructions!
Please note if you currently have a previous version installed on your computer there are a few extra steps that you will need to take.
- Step 1: Back up your wallet.dat
- Step 2: Click on the windows start icon and enter %appdata% into the search bar at the bottom of the startup window options. Click on the Roaming > MintCoin folder
- Step 3: Change the name of wallet.dat to walletbackup.dat
- Step 4: Delete blkindex.dat and blk0001.dat
- Step 5: Download and install the new wallet
- Step 6: Replace the wallet.dat with your backup wallet
- Step 7: Reload the wallet
- Step 8: Once the wallet is re synced your coins should reappear.
This upgrade requires re downloading the entire blockchain upon the first time you open the new wallet. This may take up to several hours. Once the upgrade has been complete you will be able to open and close your Mintcoin wallet within seconds.
Additional Upgrades Included:
In addition to the FastStart upgrade the developer has also fixed the Minting Only Option within the wallet.
Wallet Feedback Needed!
What do you feel the next wallet upgrade should include? Let Us Know on Reddit!